Once a week, for six weeks, you'll get more insight into how your mind works. Together with a few enthusiastic student meditators, you'll begin to overcome thought loops, downward spirals and an endlessly churning mind.
And yes, this event is in person!
Curious? Sign up for the Beginners' Meditation Course!
Date, time and location
All meetings are held at the "Centrum for Mindfulness" on Mondays from 19:00 to 20:30. Afterwards there is the opportunity to stick around and drink some tea.
- Monday, October 4th, 19:00 - 20:30
- Monday, October 11th, 19:00 - 20:30
- Monday, October 18th, 19:00 - 20:30
- Monday, October 25th, 19:00 - 20:30
- Monday, November 1st, 19:00 - 20:30
- Monday, November 8th, 19:00 - 20:30
More details on the location and the Centrum for Minfulness can be found here.
Contents of the course
Although the Beginners' Course is built around breath meditation, we will introduce a much broader framework for changing your mind.
During the course you will:
- practice connecting with your feelings,
- learn the difference between attention and awareness,
- open up to gratitude,
- observe the monkey mind,
- bring mindfulness to daily life,
- notice entrancement throughout your day,
- learn to set your intention,
- become more concentrated,
- and learn how to cultivate all kinds of kindness.
After taking the beginners' course you'll have learned techniques and concepts that enable you to practice meditation effectively on your own.
The course is accesible for absolute beginners, but we have seen people join the Beginners' Course multiple times. Even if you have a steady practice, it might be interesting to join this course—it is also a lot of fun. Afterwards we drink some tea and have some cake, while there is space to discuss more advanced topics.
- You have to be a member of Student Meditation. If you aren't a member, then you can sign up here: https://studentmeditation.nl/membership/
- You have the time to attend at least four sessions, since there are only a limited number of places available. Missing more of them will also strongly hinder your understanding of the practice.
- You understand that the Beginners' Course is not an alternative or a replacement for professional help. If you have problems of a serious nature, then please contact your doctor, they can refer you to a professional.
- You can invest a daily time commitment of 30 minutes.
- You're willing to take a covid self-test before every session.